Consumers, Educators, Developers, Visionaries and Media Gather at Moscone Center to See, Hear, Buy and Discuss the Latest Products and Topics for the Apple-Products Marketplace
Macworld 2011 kicks off this week at the Moscone Center’s West Hall in San Francisco, IDG World Expo, owner of Macworld 2011, announced today. More than 25,000 people are expected at the world’s largest gathering for the Apple-products marketplace where attendees can see, try and buy hundreds of the latest Apple-related products right on the expo floor, as well as receive unbiased training from industry experts on the most current issues for the third-party marketplace.
The Macworld 2011 conference takes place Wednesday, January 26, through Saturday, January 29, and the expo is open Thursday, January 27, through Saturday. The Expo Only pass, which gives attendees access to the Expo Hall and all Feature Presentations, is $45. Attendees can register through Saturday at www.macworldexpo.com/register or on-site at the Moscone Center.
“Building on the enormous success of Macworld 2010, we have put together a creative, innovative and truly ground-breaking Macworld 2011 that is sure to entertain, educate and excite all who attend,” said Paul Kent, vice president and general manager of Macworld 2011. “From unlimited opportunities to discover the best new products directly from the developers to unparalleled training sessions, networking events and presentations from some of the industry’s most creative minds, Macworld brings to life the Apple-products platform in a way that no other event on Earth can.”
Macworld 2011 show highlights include:
- Feature Presentations include a performance by actor and comedian Sinbad; designers Nathan Shedroff and Chris Noessel on “Learning from Science Fiction Interfaces”; self-fixer Kyle Wiens in “iFixit live! The Teardown Experts Show Off Apple’s Hardware – From the Inside Out”; special performance from cellist and composer Zoe Keating; Dream Theater keyboardist Jordan Rudess in “Music Meets Multitouch”; and a special “TechGirlz: Women in Technology, Making a Difference” panel featuring Shellie Hall, Dani Deahl, Cali Lewis, Amber MacArthur, Natali Morris and Stephanie (Sullivan) Rewis.
- Debuting at Macworld 2011, the Industry Forum is an exclusive event that brings together developers, industry-watchers, media, analysts, volume product buyers and other influencers for a day of discussions about the dynamics that shape the third-party Apple-products marketplace. The Industry Forum will feature presentations from noted industry watchers, including Harry McCracken, Jason Snell and John Gruber, as well as a “What You Need to Know” series of 20-minute market presentations on the technology and key markets that the Apple-product industry serves.
- The Macworld 2011 First Looks program will showcase the latest innovations for the Mac, iPhone, iPod and iPad platforms. This year, companies will be introducing a myriad of new products, including: an application that turns the iPad into a full-fledged DJ system; the first device capable of displaying all the contents of a user’s Mac or Windows computer on their TV wirelessly; new, proactive protection from Mac, Windows and Linux malware; the first product to combine an iPod/iPhone audio/video docking station with a powerful Pico projector; and the first and only ONC-ATCB certified Mac OS X product designed to help doctors receive incentives provided in the HITECH Act.
- Shop Macworld is a unique opportunity for attendees to see, test drive and then buy products at special discount prices right on the expo floor. More than a dozen companies are offering special pricing on more than 30 of the hottest new innovations — including hardware, software and accessories — for the Apple products marketplace.
- For the first time, Macworld 2011 will include Featured Artist sessions taught by carefully selected individuals who are bringing creativity and innovation to life using Apple technology and the best Mac OS X add-on productivity products. The Featured Artists include Kyle Lambert (digital artist), Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James (Apple of My Eye ), Joseph O. Holmes (fine art photographer) and Jonathan Mann (“Song A Day”).
Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James’ session will feature a special appearance by Carlo Rota , acclaimed actor and star of “Goldilocks,” the first TV pilot shot entirely on an iPhone 4 and iPod touch. Directed and produced by Michael Koerbel and Anna Elizabeth James of Majek Pictures and distributed as an app, Goldilocks combines the action and spy thriller genres in a series that the makers hope will ultimately launch as a full blown TV show. Carlo Rota, whose credits include La Femme Nikita, 24, Saw V, Little Mosque on the Prairie, Queer as Folk and The Boondock Saints, will be available for a meet-and-greet and photo opportunity with attendees on Thursday, January 27, at 12:30 p.m. and 2:15 p.m. in the lobby of the Moscone Center West Hall.
- The Macworld 2011 Mobile Apps Showcase is one of the largest gatherings of mobile app developers under one roof at one time. Now in its second year, the Showcase will feature the latest innovations from iPad, iPhone and iPod touch app developers and give attendees an exclusive opportunity to test drive the newest and coolest apps, and meet directly with the people who develop them.
- The Macworld 2011 Conference program, focused on mobile productivity and the myriad of ways in which iPad, iPhone and MacBook innovations are empowering creativity, will feature more than 100 educational sessions taught by a faculty of worldwide trainers, industry experts, journalists, and visionaries.
- Macworld “Best of Show Awards,” presented by Macworld magazine to the best products, innovations and upgrades as selected by their editors, will be announced on Friday, January 28, at 1:00 p.m. All Best of Show presentations take place on the Macworld Live Stage, Booth #752, centrally located on the expo floor.
Macworld 2011 has also released the iMacworld 3.0 app, a comprehensive iPhone/iPad show guide that puts exhibitors, products, sessions, late-breaking news, a community discussion board, and even nearby businesses in your palm and at your fingertips! iMacworld is now available as a free download in the App Store.