Monday, April 16, 2012

Turn off re-sizing & docking in Windows 7

While watching a presentation at the Central Florida Computer Society (http://www.cfcs.org) last weekend, I noticed the presenter annoyed at the mouse causing the selected window to resize or dock with the edge of the screen. This is something that I've dealt with on all my Windows 7 computers, so I thought I would pass along a tip I picked up from a 2011 article in PC World (http://www.pcworld.com.)

1. Click 'Start', 'type 'Ease', and then click 'Ease of Access Center.' This is also available from your control panel.
2. Scroll down and click 'Make the mouse easier to use'
3. Scroll down and enable the last checkbox : 'Prevent windows from being automatically arranged when moved to the edge of the screen'
4. Click 'ok' and that's it.

Now when you move your windows around the screen, they will keep their size and won't dock, but you can re-size any way that you like.
blog comments powered by Disqus

Scamming the Scammers

Isagenix: Can You Afford Not To?